Four main symptoms of Periodontitis
What is periodontitis?
The early stages of periodontitis are not usually cared for, therefore causing gums to be infected slowly. As infections relapse time to time, it not only damages oral and chewing functions, but also affects our health as a whole.
– Swelling of gums
– Bleeding when brushing teeth
– Possible formation of dental calculus
– Possible bad breath
In the late stages:
– Bleeding when brushing teeth- Swelling of gums
– Gums around teeth recede, exposing part of the root
– Appearance of periodontal pockets, and pus leaking from the surroundings of gums. There might also possibly be ulcers as well.
– Formation of dental calculus
– Gums and teeth might hurt
– Loose teeth